- This is a binding legal agreement. If you have any questions or concerns about it, you should satisfy them before signing. In consideration of the opportunity to train, compete, and participate in the sport of judo and all related activities and programs, including travel and all services and programs (the “Activities”) provided by Judo B.C. and its club, members , directors, officers, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, participants, agents, sponsors, owners/operators of the facilities in which the Activities take place and representatives (collectively “Judo BC”) the undersigned, being the parent or legal guardian (the “Parent/Guardian”) of the Participant named above (the “Participant”), acknowledges and agrees to the following terms:
DESCRIPTION OF RISKS
2. The Parent/Guardian understands and acknowledges the following risks, dangers and hazards (the “Risks”) of the Activities and related disciplines which include without limitation:
a) Strenuous and demanding physical exertion, strenuous cardiovascular workouts, rapid movements, exertion and tension on various muscle groups which may cause serious injury to virtually all bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and other aspects of the Participant’s body or the Participant’s general health and wellbeing.
b) Concussion or other related head injuries including but not limited to closed head injury or blunt head trauma.
c) Loss of or damage to equipment/property.
d) Exposure to extreme conditions and circumstances.
e) Contact with other participants, officials, administrators, spectators or other natural or manmade objects, imperfect field of play conditions, equipment failure or malfunction, inadequate safety measures and participants of varying skill levels.
3. The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, sickness, disease, contagion including but not limited to COVID-19, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life.
4. Judo BC may offer or promote online programming (such as webinars, remote conferences, workshops and online training) which have different foreseeable and unforeseeable risks than in-person programming.
5. The Parent/Guardian understands that these Risks may be caused in whole or in part by the Participant’s own actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others participating in or present during the Activities or the negligent acts or omissions of Judo BC.
I have read and accept the risks set out in paragraphs 1-5